To provide electrical expertise for a photovoltaic solar installation team. In this position the Junior Electrician will assist the Electrician to complete solar installations. The candidate will also work as a group to insure safe working practices.
- Travel up to 50% of the year within the United States
- Installing photovoltaic systems preferred.
- Must be willing and able to climb ladders, stairs and work on rooftops
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must have a clean driving record in order to drive
- Plans details of working procedure by determining replacement needs or new material required and develops a logical approach to correct the problem.
- Analyzes circuits, wiring diagrams and drawings to install, repair, calibrate, service or replace solar devices and systems.
- Receives wiring diagrams, specifications and instructions from supervisor covering emergency and scheduled repairs, installation, and electrical inspection work to be performed.
- Performs work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical theory and principles, statutory codes, properties of materials and principles of operation of electrical equipment. Starts up and shuts down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures for machine activation and
Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms.
Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Ability to distinguish colors, because cables and wires are usually color-coded.
Excellent physical condition, stamina, and willingness to work at heights. Ability to lift at least 60 pounds in order to handle heavy cable.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, Skills)
- Willing to travel
- 1 year of Electrical Experience preferred
- High school diploma or a GED certificate.
- Willingness to work long hours, often in unpleasant weather conditions, especially when making repairs to damaged lines.
- Ability to climb in overhead structures, to work beneath machines and in close quarters performing analysis and repair work.
- Piece Rate
- Medical, Dental, & Vision - covered by company for employee
- Vacation and Holiday Paid Time off
- Floating Holidays