We are looking for an experienced Senior accountant to oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions. Senior accountant responsibilities include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures. A successful Senior accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts. The ideal candidate has also experience collaborating and/or managing a team of accountants and junior accountants.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Verifying, allocating, posting and reconciling accounts payable and receivable.
- Producing error-free accounting reports and present their results.
- Analyzing financial information and summarizing financial status.
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts; preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements.
- Produces payroll by initiating computer processing; printing checks, verifying finished product.
- Completes external audit by analyzing and scheduling general ledger accounts; providing information for auditors.
- Avoids legal challenges by complying with legal requirements.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Senior accountant duties also include ensuring accuracy and effectiveness in all of our accounting tasks.
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable.
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results.
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status.
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending.
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures.
- Manage accounting assistants and bookkeepers.
- Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule.
- Assist with tax audits and tax returns.
- Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance.
- Plan, assign and review staff’s work.
- Support month-end and year-end close process.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles.
- Liaise with our managers to improve financial procedures.
- Experience as financial controller, accounting supervisor, chief or senior accountant
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Awareness of business trends
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages, like FreshBooks and QuickBooks
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant
- Relevant certification (e.g. CMA or CPA) will be preferred
- Health, dental, and vision benefits - paid by company for employee
- 401K Program
- Free Life Insurance
- Paid time-off and paid holidays
- Floating holidays