1st Light Energy Inc. was founded with the vision to provide alternative energy solutions that positively impact our environment and have solid financial returns for our customers. We have become one of the most experienced solar companies in the Nation.
For twelve years 1st Light Energy has been selling and installing solar, more than many of our competitors combined. Throughout the many innovations and changing expectations of the industry, we have adapted and thrived.
Each of our seven offices across the United States has given us a unique experience working with many different utilities and local governments. We eagerly prepare to enter new markets, bringing solar programs that are favorable to homeowners and business owners alike.
This is where you come in.
If you are looking to build a career in Solar, this is your chance.
We have several job opportunities, and highly encourage growth within the company.
The Solar Permit Runner will be responsible for reviewing, dropping off, and picking up city permit packs for 1st Light Energy, Inc. This is an opportunity for those interested in getting a start in the solar photovoltaic renewable energy field. Employee will participate in many different aspects of solar design, installation, and assist with inspections.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Drive around to municipality offices on a daily basis, often driving up to 200 miles / day.
- Prepare solar permit packs for various municipalities, which include permit applications and solar electrical and structural plans.
- Work with municipality plan checkers to drop off, understand and record technical corrections, and pick up approved permit packs.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a valid and appropriate state driver’s license prior to employment. Submit driving record with application.
- Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge and ability to perform the work.
- High level of attention to detail
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to "go the extra mile" to complete important deliverables
- Willingness and ability to perform manual work following verbal and written instructions.
- Some knowledge of proper use of equipment, materials and supplies used in construction work.
- Some knowledge of first aid and applicable safety precautions.
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely.
- Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
PHYSICAL DEMAND & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Candidate must be willing to work on weekend days when needed to support activities in the project schedule.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- The employee regularly works in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust. .
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects and tools. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Health, dental, and vision benefits - paid by company for employee
- 401K Program
- Free Life Insurance
- Paid time-off and paid holidays
- Floating holidays
Pay Rate: $15-$18/hr