CFO National Solar Installer
Competitive Pay Plus Paid Benefits
Location: California Central Valley
1st Light Energy is a national solar installer with both residential and commercial customer base. Solar is a difficult industry to plan and execute strategy due to frequent changes in federal, state and local government programs. 1st Light has navigated the industry challenges well due to its geographic and customer base diversity.
1st Light Energy, is looking for a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) who will be responsible for leading and overseeing all financial processes necessary to ensure success of the company. He/she will serve as a lead officer to drive the company’s growth, which may include acquisition or other expansion opportunities for the company.
The ideal candidate will be a proactive and tactical leader who thrives on the challenge of a fast growing and rapidly evolving market. The CFO will have a combination of large and small company experiences, a thorough understanding of project finance, and a desire to be hands-on their daily activities. Construction experience is helpful.
- Assess organizational performance against both the annual budget and company’s long-term strategy.
- Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the management team and make actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations.
- Oversee long-term budgetary planning and costs management in alignment with company’s strategic plan.
- Executive Management
- Serve as a member of executive leadership team.
- Participate in key decisions pertaining to strategic initiatives, operating model and operational execution.
- Develop key performance indicators for various functions.
- Financial Planning and Analysis
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of financial and management reporting operations management, board of directors and lenders.
- Present results to executive management. Develop recommendations (strategic and tactical).
- Develop and execute analysis of various business initiatives (e.g., opening new operations, asset acquisition, new service launches).
- Planning and Policy
- Coordinate the development and monitoring of budgets, strategic plans and forecasts.
- Participate in corporate policy development as a member of the senior management team.
- Represent the company to financial partners, including financial institutions, auditors, public officials, etc.
- Remain up-to-date on regulatory reporting requirements and state and federal tax law.
- Administration Management
- Oversee the accounting department to ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems and function; supervise company finance staff.
- Oversee the Human Resources department.
- Work with Customer Service (post-installation) on escalated customer complaints (legal, BBB, etc.).
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
- Coordinate audits and proper filing of tax returns.
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions.
- Accounting Activities
- Oversee preparation of month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial statements
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems
- Serve as final point of escalation for Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable issues
- Treasury and Cash Management
- Review weekly cash management; Approve weekly disbursement plan; approve ACH and sign checks
- Occasional preparation of 10 – 13-week cash forecasts.
- Maintain bank relationships and participate in calls with lenders.
- Corporate Development
- Represent company in efforts with investment bankers and potential investors / lenders
- Prepare various analyses and reports required by corporate development efforts
- Insurance/Real Estate/Legal Affairs
- Manage the company’s insurance program
- Manage the company’s real estate.
- Manage the company’s legal affairs
II / Job specification of Chief Financial Officer - CFO job description
- A minimum of a BS; a CPA and/or MBA.
- At least five years’ experience as CFO or equivalent with a budget of at least $30 million.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, plus excellent organization skills.
- Experience in a senior financial-management role, partnering with executive staff, resulting in the development and implementation of creative financial management.