The Experienced PV Installer will be responsible for assisting photovoltaic system installation from beginning to end. In this position, the PV Installer will work side by side with other crew members and install all photovoltaic system components, while assisting in the operation of a fully functional photovoltaic system.
- Work with crew members to complete projects within established policies and procedures
- Assemble the solar array racking, properly seal all roof penetrations, and install all relative equipment
- Install all rack grounding and DC wiring. Install and connect modules per plan.
- Maintain high levels of quality assurance and quality control with an emphasis on safety
- Diagnose and troubleshoot system malfunctions and operational issues
- Communicate with customers in a professional, considerate, and respectful manner, answering all questions and complaints to the best of your ability
- Understand the full scope of work for a given project
- Recommends to supervisor work assignments of employees in various job groups.
- May substitute for supervisor in his/her absence.
- May relieve employees in the group during breaks, lunch, etc.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms.
Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually light to moderate.
MUST feel comfortable working safely on roofs and ladders. Must have Good work ethic and reliable transportation. Must be able to lift 50-75 pounds. Must have general knowledge of roofing. MUST NOT have a fear of heights.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, Skills)
- High School diploma or a GED certificate
• 2+ years of previous solar installation experienced required
• NABCEP Certification Preferred
• Must have electrical and or roofing experience
• Experience complying with OHSA safety requirements and regulations
• Must have full range or mobility in upper and lower body; ability to work in various positions and environments
• Ability to lift, pull and push materials and equipment weighing approximately 50 pounds on a frequent basis
• Professional appearance and excellent customer service
• Great attention to detail
• Good Attendance
• Valid Driver's License with a clean driving record
- Willingness to work long hours, often in unpleasant weather conditions