As the Manager of Operations you will plan, organize, and manage all aspects of the solar business operation including construction, project development, engineering, and installation. You will be working in a fast paced environment with a growing and eager team of employees. You will expand and organize operations with the enthusiasm and strategic planning needed to develop growth.
- Execute the Procurement strategy for sourcing, evaluating, and contracting photovoltaic equipment and services for development, engineering, construction and operations to support Solar projects.
- Direct and coordinate activities of businesses or departments concerned with the production, pricing, sales, or distribution of products.
- Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
- Manage staff, preparing work schedules and assigning specific duties.
- Direct and coordinate organization's financial and budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, and increase efficiency.
- Plan and direct activities such as sales promotions, coordinating with other department heads as required.
- Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Reviews and endorses or revises budget proposals received from direct reports. Submits budgets for assigned activities in accordance with the budget procedure. Approves budget expenses up to authorized dollar amounts.
- Manage, motivate, and mentor a variety of personnel involved in the installation & inspection of solar projects.
- Evaluate and manage the resources and processes required for the successful completion of a high volume of solar projects
- Identifies training needs, initiates development of subordinates, recommends effective personnel action.
- Maintains appropriate communications within area of responsibility.
- Keeps employees informed as to company/department plans and progress.
- Drive continuous improvement in Safety, Quality, Customer Service, and Productivity throughout branch operations
- Consults with all segments of management responsible for policy or action. Ensures compliance within area of responsibility. Makes recommendations for improving effectiveness of policies and procedures.
- Work closely with the Director of Operations to provide accurate installation forecasts and branch performance reporting;
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, Skills)
- Must have a minimum of (2) years in solar experience
- A minimum (3) years as an Operations manager in a similar environment, with the responsibilities of producing, purchasing, inventory control, production control, and engineering, as well as shipping, receiving, and warehousing.
- Construction experience required.
- Sound administrative skills, well-developed management skills—principles and people.
- Possess good communication skills that will enhance vendor and supplier relationships, as well as with the installation team.
- Possess strong organizational skills and capable of making decisions without constant supervision.
- Proven ability to recruit, train, and motivate personnel to balance staffing strength with profitability and growth.
- Strong analytical, numerical, and reasoning abilities.
- Participative management type—advocates team concept.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills. Ability to get along with diverse personalities. Tactful, mature.
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive—but able to recognize and support the organization's preferences and priorities.
- Satisfactory communication skills, written and verbal.
- Results oriented with the ability to balance other business considerations.