The Residential PV Supervisor will be responsible for managing, executing and supervising all construction activities in the field, within his region.
- Support the completion of preliminary engineering, detailed specifications and construction and supply contracts.
- Monitor and oversee all civil, structural, mechanical and electrical work on the project to ensure it meets contractual obligations; maintain a hands-on approach to training, quality assurance and supporting sub-contractors’ in-field work efforts.
- Take proactive lead position in learning specific technical details for solar PV project racking installation details.
- Contribute to the development of detailed project management and construction plans and schedules.
- Assist in the hiring of competent field staff to ensure adequate resources are in place for effective and timely execution of projects.
- Manage project construction activities, ensuring Honor, Teamwork, Quality, Schedule, Cost, Safety, Environmental and Landowner requirements are met or exceeded.
- Ensure all quality assurance programs are fully administered and complied with.
- Complete final testing of installed project components; coordinate start-up and commissioning of residential projects
- Direct the execution of work in accordance with approved contracts and ensure compliance.
- Provide a safe and secure project site for all project participants.
- Develop effective relationships with contractors, suppliers, landowners and the community.
- Develop effective and supportive relationships with colleagues.
- Provide supervision and guidance to subordinate staff.
- Become completely familiar with all project documents.
- Assist in developing the basic plan for executing and controlling the project.
- Assist in the preparation of project procedures.
- Assist in the preparation of the project budget.
- Assist in the preparation of the project schedule.
- Review plans and procedures periodically and institute changes if necessary.
- Participate in the selection of key project personnel.
- Review project manpower requirements.
- Coordinate all issues with client, Company, and other team members.
- Review and maintain a system for decision-making within the project team whereby decisions are made at the proper level.
- Foster and develop a spirit of project team effort.
- Assist in resolution of differences or problems.
- Anticipate and avoid or minimize potential problems by maintaining current knowledge of overall site project status.
- Review project activities for conformity to all Code and Standard provisions.
- Maintain effective communications with all team members.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually light to moderate.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, Skills)
- Field experience in managing photovoltaic projects is required.
- Working knowledge of state, federal and insurance regulations as well as requirements that apply to major power plant design and construction projects.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Demonstrate ability to develop management control programs.
- Experience relating to computer processing of cost and schedule information.
- Be proficient in short and long range planning techniques.
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Positive ‘Can-do’ attitude.
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and analyze situations.
- Demonstrate ability to give presentations and perform training in both the management and technical areas, in addition to developing such programs.
- Demonstrate efficiency in managing multi-disciplinary tasks.