To analyze and correct electrical problems and repair and overhaul electrical equipment and controls for Commercial Solar Installations. PErform RMA's and MPUs.
- Plans details of working procedure by determining replacement needs or new material required and develops a logical approach to correct the problem.
- Analyzes circuits, wiring diagrams and drawings to install, repair, calibrate, service or replace electronic devices and systems.
- Receives wiring diagrams, specifications and instructions from supervisor covering emergency and scheduled repairs, installation, and electrical inspection work to be performed.
- Performs work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical theory and principles, statutory codes, properties of materials and principles of operation of electrical equipment. Starts up and shuts down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures for machine activation and shutdown and in line with OSHA requirements.
- Services electronic equipment by checking, testing, and replacing faulty components, circuits, printed circuit boards, and similar electronic devices.
- Installs, repairs, and maintains communication cables, power distribution cables, then splicing pieces as required.
- Fabricates parts if not commercially available, using machine and hand tools common to the trade.
- Determines need for, analyzes, and makes necessary running adjustments, repairs, and overhauls.
- Advises and cautions operators and mechanics about potential electrical problems and inherent dangers involved.
- Notifies supervisor of potentially dangerous electrical equipment noted and corrective action taken.
Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms.
Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Ability to distinguish colors, because cables and wires are usually color-coded.
Excellent physical condition, stamina, and willingness to work at heights. Ability to lift at least 60 pounds in order to handle heavy cable.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, Skills)
- 4-6 years of Electrical Experience
- High school diploma or a GED certificate.
- Completion of a four-year journeyman's course or formal apprenticeship conducted jointly by employer and union or other authorized facility.
- A current Driver's License (CDL) and good driving record.
- Willingness to work long hours, often in unpleasant weather conditions, especially when making repairs to damaged lines.
- Ability to climb in overhead structures, to work beneath machines and in close quarters performing analysis and repair work.
- Valid state motor vehicle operator's permit to operate electrician's cart and forklift truck for installation jobs.
- High degree of precision working with minimum tolerances required. High degree of attention and care required to prevent injury to others when responsible for flow of electrical power. Exposed to high voltage electricity.