The Electrical Project Manager will work on site, assisting and reporting to a senior project manager. He/She will interpret technical statements of work and design documentation as it relates to project planning, budgeting, procurements, implementation, testing, training, and project completion. The Electrical Project Manager will work with a variety of documentation on any given project including: submittals, testing, training, implementation, change orders, purchase orders, and subcontracts to ensure high quality of work at a job site. He/She will plan, schedule, adjust, and maintain timelines in a fast paced construction/installation environment while maximizing resources and optimizing budgets.
- Position requires 3-5 years of experience working as a Licensed Journeyman.
- Possesses a journeyman’s license or master electrician license ..
- Works well with others in order to reach common goals.
- Proficiency using various software applications (CADD, Scheduling, MS Office Suite, SalesForce, Estimation Software).
- Strong business skills .
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in the production of electrical plans, blueprints, and drawings.
- Familiarity with electrical equipment, materials, and specifications.
- Experience with contract documents (contract drawings, subcontracts, contract addendum, specifications, and change orders).
- Must possess an ambitious attitude with a desire to advance.
- Successful at thinking quickly, independently, using critical thinking and able to rely on personal judgment and experience to make decisions and accomplish tasks.
- Conducts site visits to understand the constructability of projects.
- Understands plans and specifications to identify the types and grades of materials and equipment needed to ensure compliance with project requirements.
- Develops project schedules: assigning cost and manpower to the schedule and provide cash and manpower forecasting.
- Develops budgets and cost codes for projects; assisting in the preparation of technical proposals, including assisting in the design and writing the scope of work, management plans, work sequence, safety, quality control and commissioning.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, Skills)
- High school degree with at least 10 years of project management experience in the construction industry and/or 5 years managing solar projects.
- Engineering, construction related, or business degree. At least 5 years of project management experience in the construction industry and/or 2 years managing solar projects
- Five years or more of experience assisting or supervising construction projects of increasing complexity.
- Strong Leadership and communication skills.
- Must be able to travel extensively throughout the United States