1st Light Energy Inc. was founded in January of 2005 with the vision to provide alternative energy solutions that positively impact our environment and have solid financial returns for our customers. We have become one of the most experienced solar companies in the Nation.
For twelve years 1st Light Energy has been selling and installing solar, more than many of our competitors combined. Throughout the many innovations and changing expectations of the industry, we have adapted and thrived.
Each of our seven offices across the United States has given us a unique experience working with many different utilities and local governments. We eagerly prepare to enter new markets, bringing solar programs that are favorable to homeowners and business owners alike.
This is where you come in.
If you are looking to begin and build a career in Solar, this is your chance.
We have several job opportunities, and highly encourage growth within the company.
The Inspection Representative is an entry level position and a great opportunity for candidates looking to enter the solar industry. This position is responsible for preparing both digital and hard copies of construction permit applications forms to be reviewed by local township and city government entities. The coordinator will also be attending and performing building and electrical inspections alongside local jurisdictional government inspectors.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, Skills)
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Intermediate knowledge of computers and the ability to learn new software.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated interest in renewable energy.
Knowledge and Skills
- Understanding of construction basics.
- Understanding of basic electrical terms.
- The ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent organization and documentations skills.
- Ability to lift and operate an extension ladder and A- frame ladders.
- Ability to use multiple electronic items, including tablet, PCs, handheld devices, and digital cameras.
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite of software, and the ability to learn new software.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually light to moderate.