To administer and oversee network design, implementation, maintenance and expansion of the organization; as well as manage and oversee the technical support staff, and assist with the day to day operations of the helpdesk.
To do whatever is in your power to help promote the betterment of the organization, fellow employees and one’s self. All duties assigned should be seen as flexible and fluid to meet the above criteria.
- Assists with the acquisition and directs the installation of new network hardware, PC computer hardware, server hardware and software systems.
- Interfaces with users, departments, consultants, technical teams, and vendors for maximum guidance in determining the most appropriate type of hardware and software installations.
- Designs, specifies, and documents LAN/WAN configurations according to company needs, utilizing outside support resources as appropriate.
- Provide training and support to employees in the use of their systems
- Analyzes work load, including traffic and utilization trends.
- Supervises network technical support team and organizes software training programs.
- Develops and monitors appropriate security procedures to safeguard system from physical and software intrusion; including, but not limited to: viruses, unauthorized users, and damage to data.
- To manage the helpdesk by assigning and prioritize incoming queries.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually light to moderate.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, Skills)
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer science or equivalent. Will count work experience.
- Three or more years of experience with LAN/WAN technologies, including; NAT, firewalls, VPN’s, VOIP, Managed switches, and SAN’s.
- Three or more years of experience with Microsoft Server operating systems. Knowledge of Exchange, DFS, and MS VPN as plus.
- Three or more years of experience with VMware ESX, VSphere, VCenter, and other virtualization technologies and concepts.
- Experience with Mobile Device Management a plus. (Mobile iron, Air watch, MS Intune, etc)
- Strong knowledge and experience with PC hardware and software technology as well as windows system administration, file sharing, shared network resources, internet access, email.
- Demonstrated analytic, written, and oral communications skills
- Able to exchange non-routine information using tact and persuasion as appropriate.
- Strong, detail oriented organization skills.
- Cheerful attitude and willingness to adapt to a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to multi-task.