1st Light Energy Inc. was founded in January of 2005 with the vision to provide alternative energy solutions that positively impact our environment and have solid financial returns for our customers. We have become one of the most experienced solar companies in the Nation.
For twelve years 1st Light Energy has been selling and installing solar, more than many of our competitors combined. Throughout the many innovations and changing expectations of the industry, we have adapted and thrived.
Each of our seven offices across the United States has given us a unique experience working with many different utilities and local governments. We eagerly prepare to enter new markets, bringing solar programs that are favorable to homeowners and business owners alike.
This is where you come in.
If you are looking to build a career in Solar, this is your chance.
We have several job opportunities, and highly encourage growth within the company.
The Solar Site Assessor is responsible for conducting site assessments for residential solar customers within the states of NJ, NY, CT, and PA. The Assessor conducts home site visits in order to obtain and communicate the necessary technical data to the 1st Light Energy design team for the preparation of permit ready documents for the installation of solar photovoltaic systems. The Solar Site Assessor reports directly to the Operations Manager and is expected to work independently and without direct supervision.
Responsible for every stage of solar site assessment, with primary focus on information completeness and timeliness.
- Develop a positive relationship with customers to establish rapport and to gather facilities assessment data.
- Conduct a solar site assessment, including:
- Structural: Access the underlying structure of the roof (attic, crawlspace, etc.) to assess and measure the existing environment.
- Electrical: Access the main and sub electrical panels in order to assess solar interconnection.
- Shading: Access the roof in order to measure site shading and roof dimensions.
- Upload solar site data to the design and interconnection/rebate team.
- Communicate with design team and Professional Engineer, as necessary, to explain site conditions and special circumstances.
- Communicate with interconnection/rebate specialist, as necessary, to alleviate interconnection or rebate related issues.
- Coordinate with residential solar installation team to pre-emptively address special site conditions.
- Understanding of basic structural terms (rafter, ridge beam, etc.)
- Understanding of basic electrical terms (bus bar, breaker, etc.)
- The ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills required in order to prepare site audit documents and conduct site audit meetings with customers.
- Excellent organization and documentations skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; the ability to work closely with multiple departments.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Ability to lift and operate an extension ladder
- Ability to effectively use electronic items including: tablet, PCs, handheld devices, and digital cameras.
- The ability to learn new software.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually light to moderate.
- Climbing ladders/ stairs.
- Ability to work safely in a office /rooftop/ attic environment.
- Ability to work on rooftops with various pitched surfaces.
- Ability to use and move tools of the trade (ladders, vehicles, tools, etc).
- Ability to work alone in extreme environments.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to travel
- Cheerful attitude and willingness to adapt to a fast-paced work environment
- Intermediate knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office
- Ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated interest in renewable energy